You can’t quite put your finger on it; all you know is that there’s a different vibe.
She’s put up a wall has gone up, and you are wondering what is happening.
Every man has gone through this: it does not matter how rich or good looking you are, or how stable your relationship is. Your woman will at some point pull away from you.
Why does a woman pull away?
- You are clingy
- A woman will push you away if you keep chasing her. No matter how many good qualities you possess, you will come off as unappealing when you get clingy.
- You lack confidence
- If you exhibit a lack of self-worth, your woman will push you away. Women are wired to look up to their men, and it is hard to admire and rely on a man who lacks confidence.
- It is a coping mechanism
- If your girl was hurt before, pushing you away is a coping mechanism for perceived eventual hurt. What do you know about your girlfriend’s previous love life?
- You have had one too many fights
- Sometimes, your relationship may have just run its course. You have been fighting and making up. She is tired and is ready to move on.
- She is unable to forgive you
- You might have done something that hurt her deeply. Even though you have presumably solved an issue, somewhere deep down, it is still bothering her.
- She is falling too quickly
- If the relationship is getting too serious too fast, your girlfriend might get scared. If she feels as if things are going out of control, she will pull away, hoping to keep the relationship with a certain boundary.
- She doesn’t see a future with you
- This might sound harsh, but partners do fall out of love suddenly and mysteriously. When this happens, your woman might pull away instead of ending the relationship there and then. She doesn’t want to be the bad guy. She hopes that you will take the cue and end the relationship.
6 Signs that your girlfriend is pushing away
They say that ignorance is bliss, but not in this case. The earlier you realize that your relationship could be in trouble, the sooner you can take measures to restore it.
Here are some signs of being pushed away by your girlfriend.
1. You are no longer part of her plans
When she was still into you, she was super excited to make plans with you. Recently, however, she is dodging plans and cancelling last minute, a little too often. If this is happening, it could mean that she is either indecisive about the relationship and she is preferring to do something else than spending time with you.
If your woman is having doubts about the relationship, she will also weed you out of her social life. Is she going for parties all by herself, attending weddings alone, and going bar hopping sessions with her friends, all which you previously did together? This is a sure shot sign that she no longer feels the same about you.
2. Communication between the two of you ceases
When communication patterns change, it is a crucial sign that your woman is unhappy in the relationship. Your girlfriend’s good morning messages, late night calls and texts will become less frequent. Even though she may not be calling it quits, she could be taking the time to put things into perspective.
3. Your girlfriend is more quiet than usual
You will notice that your girlfriend is becoming more withdrawn and will open to you less and less. It’s date night and you are in a nice restaurant, or you are taking a walk in the park, but you will feel like she is not there physically. Indeed, you will feel as if she is tolerating your presence; as if she wishes she was elsewhere. This is a clear indication that your girlfriend is no longer emotionally available to you.
4. Sex isn’t the same anymore
When the chemistry in a couple is affected, sex is one of the first things to suffer. If you find that your woman is no longer excited about the things that she loved doing in bed, know that something is up. You might also notice that she no longer cares about the things that were important to her, like shaving her legs or bikini waxes. Her sexy lingerie now rests at the bottom of her drawer.
These small things are some of the most telling signs of her waning interest in the relationship.
5. She gives in easily during a fight
If there has been constant friction in the relationship, your girl will prefer to be complacent instead of fighting with you. If you notice that she walks out on you halfway through a fight or merely shrugs her shoulders and seems to give up, know that your girl is beginning not to care about the relationship.
Also, you will realize that she doesn’t bother to give you explanations anymore. A woman who is withdrawing from a relationship will no longer bother trying to explain things or reassure you when you feel aggrieved.
You will get angry and calm down by yourself, and you will not receive any explanation from her because she no longer cares enough to give you one.
6. She is disrespectful towards you
Nowadays, your girl is nitpicking and is easily annoyed. She gets super angry when you leave dishes out, and gets furious when you forget the toothpaste in the sink. While these things can really get under one’s skin, they didn’t seem to bother her before.
Her new temperament is characteristic of someone who is considering cutting things off and is starting to look for things to validate her decision. Your woman’s disrespect is a very telling sign that there’s not enough for her in the relationship anymore.
If you feel in your gut that you are losing your girlfriend’s respect, do not ignore the feeling. It is time to confront the situation before all doubts are cleared and you lose the relationship.
Attraction isn’t a choice; it’s a response
People don’t choose who they are attracted to. In other words, your woman responds to your confidence, how you communicate, how you treat her and other triggers. That means, if your girlfriend is pushing you away, there is a huge possibility that you have something to do with it.
Could it be because you no longer act as the man that she fell in love with? Are you possibly behaving in ways that turn you into an obligation for her? Have you neglected her needs?
This is an opportunity for you to take a hard look at yourself and your interactions with your girlfriend. It may have nothing to do with you, but if it is, there is no better time for you to move to save your relationship.